Friday, September 16, 2011

All the Names of God

God has allot of different names! Although the Bible may not say them all, in the original manuscript they used allot of different titles for God. Here are a few I learned about:

Elohim
 This name means "God as a creator".
It is used in the first chapter of Genesis Where God created the earth.

 El Roi
This name means "The God who sees".
It is used in the Bible in the passage about Hagar When she ran away from Sarah her mistress.

 Adonai
This name means "Lord, Master, and Owner".

Jehovah
This name means "the self-existing one, the I AM".
This is used all through the Bible,
 but the first time you here of it is when God tells Moses his name.

Abba Father
Jesus used this to call God his father.
I like to use it also.


There are allot more names out there but this is just a few I found.
I mostly call God "Daddy" or just "God".  
What do you like to call God? Father, Jehovah, Elohim?
Tell me what you think.

Melody










1 comment:

  1. I call God, Abba Father, most of the time. And other times when I'm feeling particularly upset and want to cry, I call Him daddy. :)

    big hugs (I can't wait to see you soon!)xxxx~Kelsey

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts!