Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Herbs for your Hair

Here are some Herbs that can help you to never have a bad hair day!
Try stirring these herbs in hot water and strain it into a cup, then when you shower use it as a conditioner!

Chamomile leaves hair soft and shiny.

Catnip encourages hair growth.

Lavender leaves hair smelling great.

Rosemary fluffs up limp hair.

Marigold lightens blond hair.


I am very interested in herbs this year. I hope to start growing them soon! Do you like gardening or making different things with herbs? You may think this is silly, but I am trying to grow my hair as long as I can! So I was very glad to see that Catnip encourages hair growth. My hair grows around two and a half inches a year. And my hair is about at my elbow so I am at a pretty good start! :)

Melody








10 comments:

  1. Good job with your research, Melody! I love you!!!

    Daddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Excellent information! Now I just need to implement some of it!

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So do cats... like you if you use catnip on your hair?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really don't know.:) but cats don't like me anyway, so I may know if I use it!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! I am so glad you posted this!!! I have an overabundance of catnip....and I wasn't certain what to use it for other than cats. Thank you dear!
    Herbs are so interesting aren't they? :)

    big hugs, xxxx~kelsey

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are great! :) I love natural ways to 'help' my hair! Thanks for posting this!!! ;)

    Blessings in Christ,
    *Mikailah*

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so cool! I might actually try some of these:)

    I saw ur blog via Kelsey's blog! I'm following now good luck in the world of blogger keep writing!

    Here's my blog if you wanna take a peek: http://brooklynrichards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think cats like ANYONE... they just pretend to in order to get what they want ;). Got any herbal detanglers? I can't seem to get out of the store brought conditioners for detangling effects... Gotta go find some herbs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so right! Cats absolutely HATE me! Well the only herb that I have heard of for conditioner is Sage. It conditions and helps damaged hair.
    Melody

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice herbs Mel
    i Like them a lot!!


    Gracia~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts!