Tuesday, January 24, 2012

My New Hobby: Baking!

Just recently I decided to master the thing I am the worst at: baking.
My first attempt at baking was when I was 9, I added 3/4 of a cup of BAKING  SODA to a recipe of banana bread! Apparently it was 3/4 of a teaspoon not a cup! Good thing Amy caught me before it went in the oven! Well I decided to try out biscuits a few days ago. And guess what! They actually tasted good! I was so excited that I took some pictures of them:)
Here is the recipe for the biscuits



My next try was french bread. It turned out pretty good. I accidentally missed a step in the recipe, but it did not make a differences in taste!   
 Here is the recipe for the bread.


Do you like baking? I am hoping to make some bagels for breakfast soon!
  



Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I've been baking since
    I was about 11...though I think I've gotten worse! Many times, I try to "change up" a recipe...not a good idea :)
    But those biscuits and the French bread look absolutely delicious! I've made drop biscuits from a baking mix...and the only type of loaf bread that I've made is banana bread. I want to try French bread sometime, though :)
    You're not alone in measuring ingredients wrong...a few years ago, I was making tiramisu from a box, and the recipe called for 2 teaspoons of rum flavoring. I thought it said tablespoons :P Needless to say, it was disgusting!
    Oh, wow, this is a long comment! I hoe you didn't mind! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. baking is so much fun! Especially when it comes to breads. :) I don't think there is a better smell in the world than baking bread. mmmmmm!

    Big hugs, xxxx~Kelsey

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts!