Saturday, August 4, 2012

Even if I am to be poured out.....

"Even if I am to be poured out as a drink offering upon the sacrificial offering of your faith, I am glad and rejoice with you all."

Philippians 2:17 

This verse has really been a eye opener for me. Lately I have been babysitting and taking care of some of our friend's children because their dad is recovering from a car accident. For awhile I felt like I needed to do something great and big for God. I have realized that, even if for the rest of my life if I am changing diapers, playing nonstop with and feeding children, then that's what God has called me to do and I will do it to the glory of God.
Even the small jobs are still giving him glory. I thank God for reveling to me through Philippians 2:17 that, Even if am poured out as a babysitter or house cleaner for the rest of my life, I will do it to the glory of God! 

~Melody Faith~

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it awesome when God gives us those revelations? I love it when I realize that even just giving one of the "little ones" a cup of water to drink- I am serving the King...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts!