Tuesday, November 6, 2012

The Lamplighter Guild

Hello all!
Recently I have been saving money to attended the Lamplighter Guild this next July.
The cost of the tuition for the Lamplighter Guild is $1985.
You can help me in earning money to attend!

Register Today!Secure your spot at the 2013 Lamplighter Guild for Creative Disciplines. Space is limited, so register today!
My sister Amy attended this past July, for the dramatic arts.
In case you have not heard of the Lamplighter Guild, this explains the vision and purpose:
"Our goal is to provide students with a life-transforming week, which will inspire them to attain the skills needed to become diligent craftsmen, reaching the highest level of excellence in their work and life. We desire to provide a platform where students and masters will share ideas and explore new and strategic ways to be God’s image-bearer in today’s culture.
The Lamplighter Guild will be held in a magnificent setting, the perfect backdrop for creativity and imagination where students will be instructed, inspired, and mentored. Psalm 16:11 will lay the foundation for the week, guiding students into the realization that God wants us to enjoy Him as He enjoys us, through a joint endeavor to extend His righteousness on the earth.
In Proverbs 22:29 we read, “Seest thou a man diligent in his work? he shall stand before kings; he shall not stand before obscure men.” Through diligence we can achieve a high standard of excellence in our unique God-given abilities, attracting others and opening opportunities for a successful and satisfying career.
To passionately pursue excellence for the glory and enjoyment of God, we must seek out individuals who have walked in the presence of God, attractively reflecting His image. In Exodus 36, we find the inspiring descriptions of Bezaleel and Aholiab the craftsmen:
Bezaleel and Aholiab and every craftsman in whom the LORD has put skill and intelligence to know how to do any work in the construction of the sanctuary shall work in accordance with all that the LORD has commanded. And Moses called Bezaleel and Aholiab and every craftsman in whose mind the LORD had put skill, everyone whose heart stirred him up to come to do the work.
Do you have a heart that has been stirred up to come to do the work? We are here to invest in you, as you faithfully develop your skills and become empowered with His presence (Psalm 16:11). One of the week’s highlights will be our Daily Moments, as we consider how and why the Scriptures are foundational to a successful and satisfying life (Joshua 1:8,9).
All who attend The Lamplighter Guild can expect significant spiritual enrichment as they experience the presence of God in a unique and powerful way."

I wish to go for the dramatic arts, where I can be inspired in writing scripts and creating audio dramas to lead young children to Christ. After hearing Mr. Hamby's talk on media, I was shocked. I want to help give an alternative for TV and movies, by making audio dramas and writing stories that will build their faith in God. Not watching movies almost everyday has been such a blessing to our family. We may watch one once in a month, but not watching them frequently has given our family so much time! We are able to have so much more time together to talk and other things with out movies. We all enjoy listening to audio dramas while we clean the kitchen or do other household work. I want to create more audio dramas to inspire children to share their faith, and to be strengthened in their walk with Christ.

I have been trying to earn money in any way I can, 
and I know that if God wants me to be their He will make sure I have the money. 

If you wish to help me in earning money, here is how you can.  Order anything from lamplighter.net through this link.
I will receive part of the cost of your order for my tuition! 
Here is a list of books I recommend ordering! 
Or
You can order anything from my etsy shop!
Use code:GUILD2013 to get 15% off!


Lamplighter Publishing sells beautifully bound books that are out of print today. Each story has wonderful Godly stories that are so character building! I recommend: A Lost Pearle, Titus: A Comrade of the Cross, The Brave Heart, and The White Gypsy. Don't forget to check out their audio dramas, they are so inspiring!

If you do order anything with my code, thank you so much!
 I am so excited to see how God is going to provide for me!
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I will be praying that God provides the financial resources for you to attend the Guild! I love your enthusiasm in wanting to create audio dramas to lead young children to Christ! Have you heard Teddy's Button yet? When you mentioned audio dramas as a means of evangelism, it made me think of Teddy's Button! I can see you writing scripts like that someday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts!