Sunday, January 6, 2013

Pride, part 2

I hope you all enjoyed Pride, part 1! Here is the next part of my series.
We left of at the second part of Philippians 2:3, But in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Humility? What does that mean? I think we all know it means to be humble, but what is the exact definition? Here is is,  Not proud or arrogant; modest, having a feeling of insignificance, inferiority, subservience, etc.  Boy, Pride is such a hard thing to master over. It's kinda funny, ever since I wrote Pride, part 1 I have been having the hardest trials that involve pride, conceit, and selfishness. It's like the enemy likes to jump right on you when he knows you are trying to be rid of a  sin. One way that has helped me be rid of pride, is when I ask myself "Do you think you are more important then Jesus because you won't wash your siblings feet?" Of course not! We are worth so much less and are so insignificant compared to Jesus! Do we think we have a right not to wash a siblings feet because they have wronged us? Don't you think Jesus knew he was going to betray Him while He was washing the dirt of Judas' feet? Now I am not talking about really washing a siblings feet, It could be helping them with their chores, or brushing there hair, or helping them find socks. Anything like that. You may feel to significant to help them after they didn't thank you for making them breakfast, or thank you for helping them dress. I find that pride likes to creep in like that when we don't even realize it. It's so difficult that some times God has to take drastic measures to humble us. If you deal with a good amount of pride I recommend reading  The Haunted Room by, A.L.O.E. I have found all of her books to be trust worthy. It really helps to read about a proud character that you love be humbled. It makes me feel less important and realize God is so much more. 


I have been praying to God asking Him to help me and all you readers who may have struggles with pride. I ask that He may strengthen you in your fight against it. 
That reminds me of one of my favorite songs by Chris August, Battle

Life's a fight of wrong and right, that's tearing me apart, 
Oh but what the cross has done, 
Yeah, this world will try to battle for my life but the war is already won. 

I hope you have a restful Sunday, 
and may you be strengthened in the battle of pride.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts!