Monday, April 29, 2013

Struggling with Contentment?


Discontentment. It like to creep up on me all the time. Any time we drive by the riverside homes that are huge, have beautiful untouched lawns, and fancy cars out front, I just stair. 
Then I ask God "Why? Why did you bless those people but not us? Why didn't we get to be those blessed ones?" 
Then I shake my head and ask myself  "What am I saying?!?! I'm complaining to God, while I am driving in a running car with air conditioning! I'm complaining to God, while wearing clothes that are not worn out, that fit me perfectly, and that I like! I'm complaining to God, while I am headed towards my own home with four bedrooms, two bathrooms, a kitchen, dinning room, living room, and garage!" 
Then I think of the list I read and posted last week, 
"If you have food in the refrigerator, clothes on your back, a roof over your head, and a place to sleep, you are richer than seventy-five percent of this world."

 "If you have money in the bank, in your wallet, and spare change in a dish someplace, you are in the top eight percent of the world's wealthy."  

After reading that, I feel like a selfish brat. I complained because I didn't have the fancy house?!?!? Wow. I feel like a spoiled brat. 
The Lord really likes to throw that kind of stuff at you at just the right moments. 
He likes to say, "I DID BLESS YOU!!!!! CHECK OUT YOUR LIFE!!!!!!"
Then I look at all seven of the younger siblings I have in the backseat. And then I look at the two big sisters and parents I have. Wow. 
You may be wondering why I'm posting the same types of things over again, well I have really been seeing lately how blessed I am. And I want to share it with you, so that if you are dealing with the same type of thing, you can realize, 

YOU ARE BLESSED!!!

Melody

1 comment:

  1. Great post Melody!
    I too often struggle with the same thing!

    ~coco

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts!