Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Always


The sun streamed on her face. The wind blew her hair across her face. The dazzling color of the river reflected in her eyes. Tears streamed down her soft cheeks as she stood on the shore of the river.
"You won't ever leave me?" She said with a quiver of her lips.
"Never."
She looked down at her feet and bit her lip, "You will always love me?"
"Always"
"No mater what?"
"No mater what."
She glanced up timidly, "It doesn't mater that I'm not beautiful?"
"I made you beautiful! Do not believe the lies of the world."
"Am I really worth anything?"
"You are worth more then anything on this earth! I sacrificed everything for you because you are so special! I want you as my precious daughter."
Tears began pouring down her face, "Really?"
"I took your punishment, I died for you on the cross."
She began to sob, "You did that for me?"
"I did it so that all you have to do is accept this gift I am giving you of life."
She covered her mouth with her hand and shook her head, "You want me to just take this gift? I don't need to do anything to earn it?"
"Nothing."
She looked down, "I feel unworthy."
"I have made you worthy through my death. Your sins can be no more, you can be white as snow. Just accept."
She looked up with a sparkle in her eyes, and tears streaming down her face, "I accept! Oh please take me as your daughter!"
"Always. You are mine now. I shall never leave you or forsake you." Jesus reached out his arms, and they embraced. Father and daughter. Never to be separated.

 photo sig.jpg


4 comments:

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts!