Friday, July 19, 2013

Time with God

This morning I wondered what I should read in my Bible. I glanced at it and could not make up my mind. Finally I told God, I needed some time to talk with Him. With that, I poured it all out. Sharing my hurts, anger, frustration, and trials. It felt good to just tell Him. I talked for nearly an hour, just telling Him about what I had been going through. Through talking to Him, I was able to forgive some people who I have struggled with forgiving. I reminded my self that, If I get to start clean every day, then they can too. It is a gift God has given us. We don't have to remember those past wrongs! After praying, I flipped through my Bible a bit and then asked God were to read. I went to Philippians 2. Opening up, the name of the chapter was "Christ's Example of Humility". 

I read through it and was greatly blessed. Philippians 2:3 says, Do nothing from selfish ambitions or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. 
I wanted to consider everyone better than myself. But how? I prayed once more. Asking God to remind me through the day, that other people's desires are more important than my own. 
I leave you with that. I pray that God would help you as well, to humble yourself. I also pray that you will find a small amount of time in the day to talk with your heavenly father. It is not only for you that I ask, God wants to spend time with His child as well.

~Melody~

2 comments:

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts!