Thursday, October 23, 2014

The Love of God

The love of God. 

It is bigger than we could ever know

Bigger than we could ever estimate

Bigger than we could ever give

Bigger than we could ever dream of giving

Bigger than we could ever imagine

Bigger than we could ever fathom.

Bigger than any fear.

Bigger than any sin.

Bigger than any doubt.

Bigger than any crushed dream.

Bigger than any wound.

Some times I need to be reminded of just how powerful God's love is for us. It has the power to heal, restore, and protect. Sometimes, I worry that the love He has for me, can fade away or be taken form me. I doubt that it is in fact everlasting. I fear that when I stumble and fall, that God looks down on me with disgrace, and withholds that love I once had. That's when I need to be reminded of how much He really loves me, and how nothing could withhold that love for me. Romans 8, verses 38 through 39, say it perfectly.

For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

He doesn't stop loving you. He doesn't decide he doesn't love you for a day because you have been sinning. He doesn't withhold his love for you when you have hit hard and fallen. He doesn't look on you with shame as he holds His love back for when you have gotten yourself together again. No, he offers His love always. He extends his merciful grace to us at every moment. 
His love overflows for us, and he offers it abundantly. 

-Melody


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts!