Thursday, February 12, 2015

When You're Tired of Being the Good Girl

What do you do when you are tired of being the good girl? This pressure is always rising around us, and it can become suffocating when you feel like you are barely fitting in. 

I tend to fit in pretty well when I am in a crowd of adults. They all praise me for what I have accomplished and who I am. But then... I step into a crowd of teenagers. I suddenly turn into the goody-toe-shoes, perfect good girl, snobby, teacher's pet. 

So I think it's reasonable to say I get tired of being the good girl. I want to prove them wrong. I want to do something that will strip me of these names that are printed across my forehead. 

I know it is wrong. 

I don't have all the answers. All I want to know is how to stop myself from feeling this way. How can I make myself proud of these titles? How can I stand up in front of all of them, hold my head high, and smile? The fact is, I can't. The only thing I can do, is find out who I really am.

The more I love the real me, the more I can ignore the generic names that are plastered on me by society. I am different, and it's not wrong. 

This is a battle. It is a fight against the flesh. I constant war against peer pressure. We need to fight back, it's time that we learn to embrace the right names for ourselves. 

Child of the Great King Jesus. 
Servant of God Most High. 
Redeemed. 
Saint. 

Someday, I will learn to replace the names like goody-toe-shoes with daughter of the King. I am still learning, I am fighting daily. This struggle continues, but I have hope. 

-Melody

2 comments:

  1. Keep your chin up, girl! Keep trusting in the Lord and don't worry about what other people say. Love ya!:)

    xo Hannah Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13 (NIV)

    Being God's child is so worth the laughs, Melody. God bless!

    http://teensliveforjesus.blogspot.ru

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts!