Saturday, April 4, 2015

He is Risen

How one's life can change in a year. 

I don't know where to begin. I have learned an incredible amount in a year. Resurrection Sunday of 2014, I didn't even know if I believed in Christ anymore. I had thought I loved and trusted Him. But, I was so hurt and lost, I wasn't so sure anymore. I felt such a great storm in my heart. I was angry, but afraid. 



I learned a valuable lesson this year, trust in Jesus. 


Having to come to the reality that I didn't trust Him, was one of the most painful moments of my life. I was holding back. I was afraid. 

This Resurrection Sunday, and unbelievable joy has overwhelmed my heart. I feel such a deep peace and comfort in Jesus. I love Him, and coming to grips of the idea that He suffered for me, is life changing. 

I had heard all the right words. I had heard the message a thousand times. But coming to grips with it all, and truly feeling the impact of Christ's sacrifice, took me a while. I didn't really believe He could love me that much. Why would He die for me? I was a small person on this large planet, falling into sin so easily. Forgetting his sacrifice. Why would he ever die for me? 

He loved me. He, the maker of the universe, loved me! 

This realization fully sank into me, and I felt the weight of my fears fall away. I could lean on Him! He would take my burden's and I didn't have to be afraid or hold anything back. I could put my trust in Jesus. 

This Resurrection Sunday, I look forward to celebrating with a full heart. Having peace and joy pour forth from me as I celebrate the love my Savior has for me. 

Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, 
and I will give you rest.
Matthew 11:28

2 comments:

  1. Happy Easter! I hope this year is even better for you. So glad you've found comfort and joy in Jesus :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so amazing! Glad for you.

    "And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of his glory." Ephesians 1:13-14 (NIV).
    Have a blessed day!

    http://teensliveforjesus.blogspot.ru

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts!